Elemental Mercury Toxicity
To access this course, select Subscribe on the left. You will then be required to log-in or register if you do not already have an account.
This webinar, originally presented on September 24, 2015, is part of an ongoing series of educational presentations by experts on issues that focus on current and emerging aspects of pediatric and reproductive environmental health.
- Recognize common chemical forms of mercury
- Recognize common sources of elemental mercury
- Recognize symptoms attributable to severe elemental mercury toxicity
- Discuss proper clean-up strategies for mercury releases
- Discuss the best evidence related to mercury emissions from dental amalgam
Approximate Completion Time
This material was supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and funded (in part) by the cooperative agreement FAIN: 1U61TS000237-02 from the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).
Acknowledgement: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) supports the PEHSU by providing partial funding to ATSDR under Inter-Agency Agreement number DW-75-95877701. Neither EPA nor ATSDR endorse the purchase of any commercial products or services mentioned in PEHSU publications.
- Presentation PDF