Toxicology of Hydraulic Fracturing
To access this course, select Subscribe on the left. You will then be required to log-in or register if you do not already have an account.
This course is part of a series of short courses offered by the American College of Medical Toxicology on contemporary issues in environmental toxicology and environmental health developed by leading authorities in medical toxicology, under the direction of Drs. Michael Kosnett, Charles McKay and Paul Wax.
- To understand the basic process of hydraulic fracturing.
- To understand the possible sources of toxicologic exposures from hydraulic fracturing.
- To review the common chemicals that are used in the hydraulic fracturing process.
- To review the current literature on the known toxicologic effects of hydraulic fracturing.
- To understand the current concerns that are being addressed as hydraulic fracturing evolves.
Created: December 2013